Physics & Astronomy
Brigham Young University
- 4/22/2021: Congratulations to those graduating this semester! (Joshua Rasband, Kinamo Williams, Braedon Jones from BYU and Hadassah Griffin and George Evans at BYUI).
- 1/19/2021: Our paper "Analysis of magnetic vortex dissipation in Sn-segregated boundaries in Nb3Sn superconducting RF cavities; has been published in Physical Review B (DOI).
- 12/4/2020: Our paper "Automatic detection of instances of focused crowd involvement at recreational events; has been published in Proceedings on Meetings in Acoustics (DOI).
- 12/1/2020: Our work with Kent Gee and Sean Warnick on using acoustics to detect crowd emotions was featured in this month's issue of IEEE Signal Processing Magazine (DOI).
- 10/26/2020: Our paper "Symbolic Regression for Data-Driven Dynamic Model Refinement in Power Systems" with Alex Stankovic's group was published in the journal IEEE Transactions on Power Systems (DOI).
- 9/29/2020: Our paper "Data-Driven Classification, Reduction, Parameter Identification and State Extension in Hybrid Power Systems" with Alex Stankovic's group was published in the journal IEEE Transactions on Power Systems (DOI).
- 9/23/2020: The Center for Bright Beams has been renewed by the NSF for the next five years.
- 9/22/2020: Our paper "K-Means clustering of inputs to a geospatial model for optimizing acoustic data collection" has been published in Proceedings on Meetings in Acoustics.
- 8/24/2020: Dr. Transtrum was awarded the University Young Scholar Award at the annual university conference.
- 8/17/2020: Our paper on "Interleaving Physics- and Data-Driven Models for Power System Transient Dynamics" with Alex Stankovic's group was published in the journal Electric Power Systems Research.
- 7/30/2020: Dr. Transtrum's "Introduction to Superconductivity" lecture from the annual Bright Beams Symposium is available on youtube here.
- 6/16/2020: Congratulations to Ben Francis who successfully defended his PhD dissertation!
- 5/8/2020: Our paper "Probabilistic Extension of Flexible Hybrid State Estimation for Cyber-Physical Systems" with Alex Stankovic's group has been accepted for publication in International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems.
- 4/29/2020: Congratulations to Aiden Harbick who successfully defended his Honors thesis at William and Mary!
- 4/9/2020: Congratulations to Alden Pack who successfully defended his PhD dissertation!
- 3/19/2020: Our paper "Vortex nucleation in superconductors within time-dependent Ginzburg-Landau theory in two and three dimensions: Role of surface defects and material inhomogeneities" has been accepted for publication in Phys. Rev. B
- 2/12/2020: Our paper "Flexible Hybrid State Estimation for Power Systems with Communication Irregularities" has been accepted for publication in IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution
- 2/11/2020: Our papers combining data-driven and physics-based modeling in power systems were accepted to the 2020 PES General Meeting in August