Application for Teaching Assistant Position
We start accepting applications on the dates indicated for the respective terms:
- Fall Semester -- July 15
- Winter Semester -- October 15
- Spring Term -- February 15
- Summer Term -- May 15
Fall Semester 2022
- We are now accepting applications for Fall 2022 Semester employment.
- We will start considering the applications for Winter about July 20th.
- Use the same link to modify your application if your needs change.
Use the following link to update your schedule when it changes after you apply.
Information about Teaching Assistant positions
It is necessary to re-apply for a TA position each semester or term you would like one. You will not automatically carry over from semester to semester, and, depending on the department needs, you may not even be hired.
We give preference to physics majors and experienced TAs.
Our department pay scale is shown on this page.
We usually will not hire people with poor grades in their physics classes.
In order to work as a lab TA, you must have completed the course with a good grade.
- To work in the 107 lab you need to complete either Phscs 105 or Phscs 121 (or have taken Phscs 107)
- To work in the 108 lab you need to complete either Phscs 106 or Phscs 123 and 220 (or have taken Phscs 108)
We hire graders for many of our classes. In order to be considered as a grader it is necessary that you have completed the class with a good grade.