Application for Teaching Assistant Position
We start accepting applications on the dates indicated for the respective terms:
- Fall Semester -- July 15
- Winter Semester -- October 15
- Spring Term -- February 15
- Summer Term -- May 15
Winter Semester 2024
- We are now accepting applications for Winter Semester 2024 employment.
- We will start considering the applications for Winter once the applications open.
- Use the same link to modify your application if any changes are needed.
Use the following link to update your schedule when it changes after you apply.
- Modify your availability schedule
Information about Teaching Assistant positions
It is necessary to re-apply for a TA position each semester or term you wish to work. You will not automatically carry over from semester to semester, and, depending on the department needs, you may not even be hired for a subsequent semester.
We give preference to physics & astronomy majors and experienced TAs.
Our department pay scale is shown on this page.
We usually will not hire people with poor grades in their physics classes.
In order to work as a lab TA, you must have completed the course with a good grade. Or complete a higher level of the material.
- To work in the 107 lab you need to complete either Phscs 105 or Phscs 121 (or have taken Phscs 107)
- To work in the 108 lab you need to complete either Phscs 106 or Phscs 123 and 220 (or have taken Phscs 108)
We hire graders for many of our classes. In order to be considered as a grader it is necessary that you have completed the class with a good grade.