Physics 442 - Winter 2020
Welcome to Physics 442!
- Direct link to our class on Max: //max.byu.edu/20201-phscs442/
Downloads for Homework Problems
- Here's the "n_of_air.txt" file that you need for one HW problem: n_of_air.txt
- Here's the Mathematica code to generate zeroes of the Bessel derivative functions (open, then copy and paste into your own notebook): besselprimezeroes.nb
- Here's the graph paper you need for the "graphical Lorentz transformation" HW problem: graphical_velocity_transformation.pdf
- The syllabus and tentative schedule is available on Max. If you'd like a hardcopy you'll to print that out yourself..
Here are handouts for/from various class periods, to be updated throughout the semester.
- From last semester: Parallel Equations for the Electric and Magnetic Fields.pdf
- lecture 1 - Ohm's law.pdf
- lecture 10 - Complex wave number, etc.pdf
- lecture 11 - Lorentz oscillator model.pdf
- lecture 13 - TE modes of rectangular waveguide.pdf
- lecture 13 - Bessel functions.pdf
- lecture 14 - cylindrical waveguides.pdf
- lecture 14 - TM Modes of a Cylindrical Waveguide.pdf
- lecture 33 - Lorentz transformations Mathematica program: spacetime plots.nb
- lecture 34 - Skew Lines for Relativity.nb (Mathematica)
- lecture 39 - magnetic field via relativity.pdf
- lecture 41 - proof of field tensor transformation.nb