Physics 442 - Summer 2016
Welcome to Physics 442!
TA: Ty Beus, firstname.lastname@example.org, office hours will be in the underground lab under the skylight, MWF 2-4 pm
The following links are explained more below.
- Syllabus: TBA
- HW & Grades: //max.byu.edu
- I will bring hardcopies of the syllabus to the first day of class. If you would like to download a pdf version of the syllabus, here is a pdf file: TBA
Homework and Grades
- I will use the Physics Department's "Max" system to assign homework and keep track of grades: //max.byu.edu
- Here's the "n_of_air.txt" file that you need for one HW problem: n_of_air.txt
Here are handouts from various class periods.
- Review: Parallel Equations for the Electric and Magnetic Fields.pdf
- lecture 7 - Bessel functions.pdf
- lecture 7 - TM Modes of a Cylindrical Waveguide.pdf
- lecture 16 - Lorentz transformations Labview program: lorentz.exe. Requires you to install this Labview "run time engine": //www.ni.com/download/labview-run-time-engine-8.6.1/1244/en/.
- lecture 19 - proof of field tensor transformation.nb
- Final exam review - selected clicker questions from U of Colorado
- final exam review - Ch 8 clicker questions - 17 questions.pptx
- final exam review - Ch 9 clicker questions - 30 questions.pptx
- final exam review - Ch 10 clicker questions - 12 questions.pptx
- final exam review - Ch 11 clicker questions - 8 questions.pptx
- final exam review - Ch 12 clicker questions - 20 questions.pptx