Physics 441 - Spring 2016
Welcome to Physics 441!
TA: Ty Beus, firstname.lastname@example.org, office hours will be in the underground lab under the skylight, MWF 2-4 pm
The following links are explained more below.
- I will bring hardcopies of the syllabus to the first day of class. If you would like to download a pdf version of the syllabus, here is a pdf file: syllabus - 441 - spring 2016.pdf
Homework and Grades
- I will use the Physics Department's "Max" system to assign homework and keep track of grades: //max.byu.edu
Here are handouts from various class periods.
- lecture 1 - What you should already know about fields and potentials - Phys 441.pdf
- lecture 7 - Parallel Equations for the Electric and Magnetic Fields - better formatted.pdf
- lecture 7 - laplace.xlsx - La Place equation solved by relaxation spreadsheet
- lecture 7 - laplace2.xlsx - a second relaxation spreadsheet
- lecture 9 - legendre polynomials.pdf
- lecture 13 - laplace with dielectric.xls - relaxation spreadsheet that incorporates some dielectric material in middle
- lecture 14 - particle motion with Lorentz force.nb (removed) - Mathematica notebook to calculate particle trajectories using the Lorentz force equation
Sample problems removed.